Located at the original site of Huntington Family Banking Company on Capital Square, the Huntington Bank Building was originally built and occupied in celebration of the banks 50th Anniversary in 1925 was a Central Ohio Landmark in need of modernization to extend the life of the structure.
The primary focus of the multi-phase renovation was to provide necessary Life-Safety Code Improvements to bring the facility into compliance with the Ohio Building Code. The challenge on this project was the phasing of the work to allow for tenants’ continued use of the building with minimal disruption. Key components of the renovation include: a comprehensive fire alarm system upgrade, which extended into an attached underground parking structure; ADA facility compliance upgrades; new fire suppression system; new HVAC system (which tied into a new chiller/cooling tower completed in an earlier phase); exterior window replacement; roof replacement; and Architectural/ Interior Design enhancements of common areas within the facility.
The Lupton Rausch Team, in conjunction with the Chief Building Official of the City of Columbus, developed a cooperative design and implementation process which satisfied the Owner’s goals to maintain its tenant base, update building systems to comply with current High-Rise Code regulations, and improve the aesthetic appearance and market position for the property.
Huntington National Bank
230,000 Square Feet